Sunday, May 27, 2012

Clay Bread Oven


Over the winter months when you are cooped up in the house, your mind starts to wander. Well usually I am thinking about clothing or hat designs but this winter, I was thinking of bread and butter. My daughters and I started making bread and butter at home. My husband even made the girls little churns from half gallon pickle jars and little stools to use at demonstrations. Then we talk about having homemade bread at demos as well. Thus the research began on medieval portable clay ovens. This spring we as a family built one and used it a few weeks ago and it was AMAZING! The bread was delicious and we even made pizza in it! Below is a picture of the oven and if you click on it it will show you our step by step pictures on how we made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment