Sunday, August 28, 2011

Underneath it all!

Last week as I was visiting with a friend who researches viking area clothing and culture I came upon something very interesting. We were talking about headscarves and we were looking through books that had pictures from a find. We were leafing through various books and came across a line drawing of two finds and Birka. They are skulls of viking women with braided trim around their head. One in particular was higher on the forehead and I said, I wonder if the trim was used to hold in place their head coverings, the scarves and hats. She said she wondered the same thing. I think this is so interesting! I will post the pictures later today along with the gave information. The book is Viking Clothing by Thor Ewing By Tempus Publishing Ltd. ISBN 0-7524-3587-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment